Social Media has officially taken over the world. We live in a world where it is more common to tweet each other than to call someone. So many people focus on the disadvantages of social media rather than the many advantages. Social Media can be used to keep in touch, grow a business, or even make new friends. It’s when people misuse all the sites that it becomes a bad thing. So with that I present to you…..
Madeline’s Social Media Rules
- Don’t Complain– No matter how tempting it is to let everyone know it’s monday or that you’ve had a bad day, people get sick of seeing it and it dulls the mood.
- Make Sense– Nobody cares that you just ate dinner or that inside joke no one knows what the meaning to it is. Start posting things that actually matter, you have the power through social media to change someone’s day around!
- Don’t be too dramatic – Posting extremely vague things such as “I hate this” or “wow” doesn’t make anyone care about your problems anymore than they already do. It doesn’t make sense to people and the only thing it does for you is make you seem dramatic.
- Don’t overuse song quotes– We don’t need to know which songs you’ve been listening to for the past hour no matter how good the lyrics are
- Don’t down yourself- If you constantly post using #uglyproblems, #foreveralone, or #fatty it gives off the idea that you have NO self confidence and that it is the best thing to have! No matter how funny the joke may be it’s not funny the twelfth time you’ve made a joke against yourself.
6.Don’t be basic– Don’t let your account be just another username. Post what you’re thinking not what other people are, that’s not special at all. Don’t be basic!
I know all of these can be hard to do but trust me it makes social media more fun and less annoying! This post might have seemed harsh but I feel it needed to be said. Have a great day and post away! 🙂